Friday, April 13, 2007

you broke my heart

Miranda July Book Tour:
May 15th: Los Angeles || Hammer Musuem
May 16th: San Fran || Modern Times
May 17th: Seattle || Neumo's
May 18th: Portland || First Unitarian Church
May 22nd: New York || 192 Books

Here is the new website for her book No One Belongs Here More Than You. The website is done on dry erase marker on appliances. The first time I saw Miranda was when she was on tour with IQU (ICU) and Halo Benders 1998 or 97. IQU and Miranda July have a joint record which you have to check out if you like awesome records...it is one of my favorite records. ever. IQU was my first interviews. (I will look for the cassette to transcribe) I had never seen a band live like this...in a small warehouse space. A blend of "electronic and indie" which I understand might make you puke now but in 97 it blew my mind. That is the night I fell in love with Calvin's voice. But that story is for another time.

IQU w/ Miranda July || Girls On Dates
you can buy it for 6 bucks from the k records store HERE

ps: i'm listening to lavender diamond

No comments: